Friday, April 8, 2022

"We Have Power, Shields Up!"

Greetings pilots, it sure has been awhile! I am writing to announce that the Poor Grey Pilot is operating again. In this post, I'll explain what to expect.

While I stopped playing X-wing Miniatures competitively when the franchise moved to 2nd Edition, I did not jump out of the game entirely. I have played games off and on over the years. It has been a blast to keep ships flying and even playtest my own homebrew mechanics. Going forward, this blog will be the place for me to record my homebrew content for X-wing Miniatures 1st Edition. Not only will this provide good organization, it also allows me to share it with others online.

I recently watched a video essay that goes into why user-created content is so vital to the longevity of RTS video games. It creates the very definition of "a living game". I wholeheartedly believe that it is the same when it comes to tabletop games. My hope is that if you are still flying 1st Edition, adding some homebrew content to your collection will result in fun new games, and add needed lifeblood to the joy of the hobby!

This blog began with my analysis of X-wing Miniatures mechanics, which turned out to be my first foray into technical writing. I have since graduated college with a degree in technical writing, and now have worked four years in the technical writing field. I love my current job writing for the library industry. However, it does not scratch the itch I sometimes get to dive into game mechanics! So, its time that I come full circle and start creating X-wing content again.

I plan to post regularly, but not frequently, so be sure to be on the lookout for uploads as they come. The first mechanic I am finalizing is using medium bases in 1st Edition, which is super exiting!

Have a great day, pilots, and remember to fly casual.

-PGP


PS: Also, here's a sneak peak at a future homebrew expansion.

No comments:

Post a Comment